The Mountaineers is hiring a Facility Manager. Click here for more information.
The Facility Manager performs a range of building maintenance and event support tasks; including general and preventative cleaning and maintenance, room set up and customer service. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating office and works closely with the Facility Rental and Event Manager.
- Maintains scheduled custodial and preventive maintenance plan to ensure that all common, kitchen and office areas of commercial properties are maintained in a clean, sanitary and orderly manner.
- Cleans/sanitizes facility premises and work areas. Uses maintenance and cleaning supplies to clean walls, floors, restroom areas, furniture and fixtures.
- Dusts and vacuums all offices and common spaces; as well as general maintenance needed; light bulbs, moving and arranging of office furniture and polishing of applicable metalwork as needed.
- Ensures restrooms are sanitary and attractive throughout the day and have adequate supplies as needed.
- Cleans rugs and floors daily and performs annual carpet and window cleaning.
- Removes and disposes of waste. All trash bins, shredders and recycling bins are emptied throughout the day and containers are sanitized weekly.
- Ensure all debris, water, snow and garbage from hallways, sidewalks and entrances and exits are cleared for staff and client safety and compliance with facility leases.
- Purchases supplies; makes appropriate, cost-effective purchases, ensuring a steady availability of supplies. Approves purchase of supplies, services and invoices.
Maintenance and Security:
- Maintains a Maintenance Management System recording all changes to the building operations including but not limited to: key and lock inventory; remodeling jobs; plumbing, electrical, HVAC; roof; landscaping; contracts; paint; kitchen appliances; tools and equipment.
- Plans and performs work relating to repair of buildings (e.g. plumbing, carpentry, and painting) and mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
- As needed performs light landscaping to maintain walkways and lighting.
- Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of tools, equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Advises the Chief Operating Officer about personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility and equipment needs to meet or exceed operational plans.
- Identifies subcontractors and supervises outside vendors providing services and preventive maintenance including but not limited to commercial heating and air conditioning systems including HVAC units, boilers, fans and cooling tower, air walls, doors, fire and alarm systems. Maintains schedules and contacts and records for these services and maintenance.
- Identifies subcontractors to purchase and install new equipment. May include building and parking cleaning and maintenance, space planning, purchase of fixtures and equipment.
- Researches and recommends materials handling and storage equipment conforming to OSHA standards and ratings; manages maintenance, training, and proper equipment usage by all employees.
- Help monitor facility security and safety by performing tasks as locking doors, checking electrical appliances to ensure safety hazards are not created. Conducts annual safety drills.
Room Set Up and Event Services
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service; anticipating and responding to customer requests and set up requirements.
- Sets up and takes down furniture and AV equipment according to customer’s request.
- Directs the facilities staff and/or volunteers for room set-ups, special displays, exhibits and room temperature.
- Assists with room preparations including but not limited to: demonstrating lights and temperature controls, AV equipment, and rearranging furniture.
- Prepare and replenish coffee service. Reports quantities of food/beverages served and any changes which may create additional charges. Purchases and maintains inventory of coffee and service supplies.
- Maintains inventory of event furnishings and equipment and works with Facility Event and Production Manager to ensure adequate levels of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
- Coordinates with Facility Events and Productions Manager on building expenses and the preparation of the annual budget
- Work with vendors, staff, and volunteers to meet the above requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the goals of the organization.
- Suggest and implement process and organizational system improvements.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity and communication with other staff. Demonstrates excellent teamwork.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least five years of commercial janitorial/maintenance experience.
- Ability and aptitude to carry out a schedule of maintenance plan.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Dependable and willingness to offer flexibility with regard to scheduling work time as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Able and willing to work alone in a large building and on the outside grounds at non-standard hours.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to handle cleaning chemicals and solvents daily.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willing and able to submit and pass a back ground check for approval to work with unaccompanied youth
- Experience working with volunteers preferred.
- Passion for the mission of The Mountaineers, and ability to exemplify the organization’s values. Strong desire and ability to work in a diverse, team-centric goal-focused environment.
- Intermediate proficiencies in building trades such as painting, wallpapering, plumbing, and repairing equipment. Construction, carpentry and electrical experience preferred. Must be able to perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to build and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift 100lbs. with proper assistance and tools. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, kneel, bend, and climb ladders and stairs and consistently lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.