The Bay Area Discovery Museum is hiring a Facilities Technician.
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Technician is responsible for day-to-day facilities and maintenance of the Museum, as well as meeting and event production (set-up & take down). This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Perform basic maintenance/repair of all buildings and grounds.
- Adhere to opening and closing security procedures.
- Execute program, event, and festival production, including set-up and teardown.
- Perform janitorial duties.
- Assure a safe site for children and families, staff and volunteers.
- Respond to site issues and requests in a timely manner.
- At least once a month, serve as designated Duty Officer to ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
- Maintain flexibility of schedule to provide support for all site programs as well as for Facilities Department vacation and sick time coverage.
- Other duties as required or assigned by Facilities Manager or Senior Manager of Facilities.
- Skill and aptitude in carpentry, scenic painting, plumbing, mechanical/electrical devices, metal and plastics fabrication.
- Demonstrated experience with hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of and adherence to tool and shop safety.
- Creativity and orientation towards problem-solving.
- Ability to take initiative and troubleshoot in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people from various backgrounds and cultures
- Knowledge of good customer service principles
- Mature, friendly, flexible and service-oriented, good-humored, team player.
- Ability to operate forklift and drive flatbed truck
Qualified candidates should apply online at:
Please be prepared to provide both a resume and cover letter, which will be requested in two different steps of the application process.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.
Our mission: To transform research into early learning experiences that inspire creative problem solving.
In our one-of-a-kind location at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge on 7.5 acres of National Park land, the Bay Area Discovery Museum facilitates child-directed, open-ended, inquiry-driven learning through hands-on exhibitions, rich activities and risk- friendly challenges designed to ignite creativity, as well as STEM skills and critical thinking.
Additionally, the Museum’s research and advisory division, the Center for Childhood Creativity (CCC), is working at a national scale to advance the research that informs our understanding of childhood creativity, advocate for its critical importance and inspire the next generation of innovators, thought leaders and problem-solvers.
WHAT WE OFFER
The Bay Area Discovery Museum offers a high-energy, results-oriented, creative and fun environment where all staff members contribute to creating an innovative environment that helps us achieve our mission. BADM provides 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance to all full-time employees, as well as generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks per year. In addition, we offer the knowledge that your skills impact over 300,000 Museum visitors each year onsite and many more in the community through the Museum’s Center for Childhood Creativity.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.