Position Overview: The Building Engineer must have a minimum of two years experience as Building Engineer or equivalent industry training. The Building Engineer is responsible to perform the day-to-day maintenance of the property. Responsibilities include reporting on the performance of the contracted work vendors working on the property as directed by the Lead Engineer/Facilities Director in accordance with established performance levels. In addition, the Building Engineer responds to daily maintenance requests from the building tenants and reports to their supervisor the nature and status of the requests. The Building Engineer is responsible to perform their duties in a safe, professional, and efficient manner according to established policies and procedures.
Reports to: Lead Engineer
- Responsible to ensure the property is operating safely and efficiently and that all scheduled preventative maintenance functions and work orders are completed fully and in a timely manner.
- Assists in supporting all Benaroya Hall events and work closely with event managers and production people, including evenings and weekends as scheduled on a monthly basis.
- Responsible to respond quickly and professionally to tenant requests. Maintain a professional, courteous attitude towards tenants at all times.
- Understands the process of developing and implementing a preventative maintenance program in accordance with the operating budget.
- Is capable of understanding applicable maintenance agreements and requests, obtain and analyze bids for maintenance work.
- Assist in coordinating and overseeing all property service contracts including, but not limited to, janitorial, security, landscape maintenance, elevators, mechanical, fire/life safety, plumbing, electrical and window and exterior cleaning.
- Assist Lead Engineer and Facilities Director with special projects as may be directed.
- Write accurate purchase orders in accordance with company policies and procedures and in accordance with the parameters set by the Facility Director.
- Assist in the implementation of Fire, Life, Safety Programs established by BHMC in accordance with local and state codes.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years as a Building Engineer or equivalent industry related work.
- Capable of basic HVAC knowledge.
- Good plumbing, painting, carpentry, and electrical skills.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills.
- Ability to learn how to read and understand operating budgets.
- Physical requirements in clued ability to lift 50 lbs. and work in high places.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Certificates, licenses, registrations as required performing the duties outlined in this job description. Desired credentials: IFMA and/or BOC Level I certification.
Salary Range: This is determined by the Facilities Director and HR Director.
Position is: Exempt
Apply to: email@example.com or fax to (206) 215-4701
Seattle Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.