Blanton Turner is looking for 2 Building Engineers to work at their South Lake Union property. Click here to view the job posting on their website.
Full Time | Regular
Reports to Chief Building Engineer
Salary, DOE + Benefits | Exempt
400 Fairview, a unique, brand new LEED Gold commercial property in South Lake Union is looking for a fantastic Building Engineer I to help oversee and maintain the property, including a 320,000 sqft. office building and 22,000 sqft. “market hall” style retail space on the ground floor. Under the day to day supervision of the Chief Building Engineer, the Building Engineer I is responsible for multiple aspects of building maintenance and repair while demonstrating a commitment to sustainable and strategic energy usage – all while providing high level customer service to all tenants.
- Report to Chief Building Engineer and/or Building Manager.
- Interact with tenants with the highest level of customer service and positive, will-do attitude.
- Work proactively with all vendors and other personnel serving the property and its tenants.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in commercial building operations and maintenance, or similar.
- Experience and skill in diagnosing/troubleshooting operating problems in HVAC systems
- Experience with Building Automation Systems preferred.
- Skill and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and related trades involved in HVAC operations
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings
- Must be able to lift 90 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must work safely at all times
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and correct minor and major HVAC issues, plumbing issues and electrical issues
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and service contractors
- Prepare and maintain maintenance logs, records and monthly reports
- Must work safely at all times. Knowledge and understanding of all applicable practices/techniques, laws, project controls and environmental regulations to include OSHA safety regulations
- Willing to work weekends and swing shift
- Be available on-call for after-hours emergencies
- Communicate respectfully and effectively with co-workers, vendors and the public
- Must be physically able to perform duties in most weather conditions
- Must be flexible and able to work well under time constraints
- Comfortable working independently
- Must be courteous, polite and respectful in all interactions
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Basic Maintenance of tenant spaces as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders
- Show accountability for all work and actions by setting a strong example and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Aesthetically oriented with an eye for detail
- Work well under pressure with excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of building maintenance, custodial practices and strategies
- Problem solving and resourcefulness
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Identify and clarify needs of a tenant and respond to these needs quickly
- Work independently as well as collaboratively
- Perform maintenance, inspections, and repairs on all HVAC systems of the property including, but not limited to Air Handlers, Heat Pumps, Fans, Chilled Beams, and others as necessary
- Perform general maintenance and repairs of building, including but not limited to: minor plumbing repair, general carpentry, painting, drywall and cleaning
- Address and follow up as necessary on all tenant work order requests in a timely and professional manner
- Some custodial duties may also be required, including but not limited to; trash pick-up and removal, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, pressure washing and other various cleaning tasks