City of Bothell is hiring a Building Maintenance Specialist. Click here to view this job posting on their site.
Job Title: Building Maintenance Specialist
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 09/07/14 10:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $4, 716.00-$5,996.00 Monthly, $56,592.00-$71,952.00 Annually
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Under general supervision, modifies and maintains City buildings; performs skilled installation, maintenance, repair and construction of equipment and buildings to assure their proper and safe functioning, in accordance with all quality standards, safety regulations and procedures.
Examples of Essential Duties:
The following examples of duties and accountabilities illustrate the general range of tasks assigned to the position but are not intended to define the limits of required duties. Other essential duties may be assigned consistent with the general scope of the position.
- Modifies and maintains City buildings, systems and components in order to maintain comfort and safety, and promote longevity.
- Diagnoses and corrects building maintenance problems using knowledge of a wide variety of building trades skills, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, and electronic control systems. (Tasks may include: repairing doors, windows, lighting fixtures and switches, clearing clogged drains, and preventative maintenance and repairs.)
- Designs and installs building-related systems, including energy-efficient improvements and electronic monitoring systems. (Tasks may include: electrical, plumbing, pneumatic and telecommunications fixtures and devices. Installation of HVAC equipment typically is performed by contractors with the skilled assistance of this position.)
- Oversees construction and repair projects for City facilities.
- Documents status of facility repair and construction projects, and reports status to Manager.
- Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled building maintenance and repair tasks.
- Performs duties within scope of authority and training.
- Monitors work sites to assure that safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Purchases supplies and equipment; monitors expenditures and assists with budget development.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Bothell and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and City staff; enthusiastically promotes the City goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records and City information; performs related duties as required or assigned. Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Electronics, or related field; AND five years of journey level experience in skilled building trades, preferably with the City of Bothell; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- City policies and procedures.
- Methods, practices and techniques used in the building trades.
- Tools and equipment used in facilities maintenance.
- Local building codes and regulations, and City policies and guidelines.
- Repair and maintenance standards for municipal facilities.
- Performing a full range of skilled and semi-skilled facilities maintenance work.
- Repairing and maintaining municipal facilities, components and systems.
- Using and operating hand tools, equipment and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Identifying maintenance needs and taking corrective actions.
- Working independently and using initiative within established procedural guidelines.
- Reading and interpreting sketches, drawings, diagrams, schematics and blueprints.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers and the public.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing specialized software.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Washington State Driver’s License and successful completion of a criminal record check are required. Building Operator Certification (BOC)–Level 1 from the Northwest Energy Efficiency Council is required within one year of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed indoors and in outdoor environments; requires moderate physical efforts in performing maintenance and repair projects; may be exposed to safety hazards and dangerous tools and equipment.