|Group Exercises:||1 hr|
Class Description: As buildings continue to get smarter and evolve, it is becoming ever more challenging to keep up with the technology changes. This class provides an overview of what makes a building smart. Learn about interconnections that can tie together different standalone systems such as HVAC, lighting, power monitoring, and even furnishings and other components. These connections enhance the operational and occupant user experience, saving energy and providing greater comfort. Concepts discussed include networking, security, systems integration, analytics, and operational strategies.
At the completion of Smart Building Fundamentals, a participant will be able to:
- Define smart buildings.
- Understand the role of smart buildings in the modern energy grid.
- Describe and understand zero energy buildings.
- Understand technology in building systems.
- Survey and identify smart building technologies.
- Understand energy information and analytics.
- Describe and understand distributed energy resources.
- Understand system integration.
- Understand operational strategies for smart buildings.
- Describe grid-interactive efficient buildings.
- Describe cybersecurity risks and prevention.