AerospaceComputing, Inc. ( ACI ) was established in 1989 and specializes in the application of computer technology to Aerospace Sciences. With extensive theoretical and experimental technical expertise, ACI provides engineering support to a variety of customers in both the public and private sectors. ACI seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Facility Service Specialist in their Moffett Field, CA office.
Job title: Facility Service Specialist (Entry Level I Engineer)
Work as a team member providing facility service support for Fluid Mechanics Laboratory. The facilities to be managed include office area, wind tunnels and related research equipment for the Experimental Aero-Physics Branch (Code AOX) at NASA/Ames Research Center.
Location: Fluid Mechanics Lab, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
General Description of Duties:
- Provide day-to-day facility management support for office and lab building. For minor repair and maintenance issues, perform the tasks. For major issues, coordinate with specialized repair/maintenance staff/company to schedule the task. The systems to be maintained include, but not limited to building HVAC, plumbing, and electrical. Fluid Mechanics Lab consists of the following:
- 24,000 square feet of office spaces, wind tunnel test areas, machine shop, storage and
- Compressor Building (3,000 square feet—11,000 SHP compressor, switch gear, lube oil pump station)
- Acoustics Lab (2,000 square feet—office spaces, anechoic tunnel, labs, storage)
- Outdoor Aerodynamic Research Facility (10,000 square feet — outdoor experiment/rocket test facility)
- Provide facility service support for wind tunnels and their related equipment. (This includes mechanical and electrical systems. Successful applicant will receive training upon hiring).
- Attend division safety meetings, act as branch safety representative.
- Ensure the branch and its member are in compliance with safety rules.
- Perform various other tasks, assigned by supervisor, as required by specific projects.
- Duties are typically performed in industrial (wind tunnel), laboratory, and office environments.
- Typical work schedule is 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Full-time, salaried employee position with full benefits
- More comprehensive task list will be provided during interview.
- U.S. Citizenship required. (You must indicate this in your resume or cover letter)
- Knowledge in one or more fields of facility management, mechanical equipment maintenance and repair, building electrical system and safety.
- Must be able to work professionally, in both team environment and/or with minimal supervision, as required by specific tasks.
- Must have interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with persons at all levels in various organizations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to a broad audience.
- Must be able to work with common office software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to safely perform repetitive tasks that involve bending over, crouching, and crawling.
- Must be able to safely, frequently, and independently move and handle items weighing 25 lbs.
- Must be able to safely work at elevated platforms.
- Must be able to pass a medical physical, complete safety training requirements for, and then conduct specific job-related tasks, such as Confined Space Entry, Manlift Operations, etc.
Desired Additional Qualifications:
- 1 or more years of practical facility management experience
- Associate degree or higher
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
View the job description by visiting ACI’s employment website and scrolling to the position.