Register now, courses fill quickly. Need a different location or would you like to be notified when new courses are announced? Please sign up for notification, let us know your preferred course location and we will notify you when new locations are added.
Standard National tuition rate is $1,895. Significant discounts are available. Click Register Online to see specific course pricing.
Level I Training
74 hours of training and project work in building systems maintenance. All classes are held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Registering is easy, learn how below.
City University, Renton
555 S. Renton Village Pl., Ste. 300
Renton, WA 98057
- Sept 25 & 26, 2018 | BOC 1001 Energy Efficient Operation of Building HVAC Systems
- Oct 23, 2018 | BOC 1002 Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance
- Nov 14, 2018 | BOC 1003 Efficient Lighting Fundamentals
- Dec 11, 2018 | BOC 1004 HVAC Controls Fundamentals
- Jan 8, 2019 | BOC 1005 Indoor Environmental Quality
- Feb 5, 2019 | BOC 1006 Common Opportunities for Low-Cost Operational Improvement
- Mar 5, 2019 | BOC 1011 Energy Efficient Ventilation Strategies and Energy Savings through Energy Recovery
- TBA | BOC Certification Examination
Level II Training
61 hours of training and elective coursework in equipment troubleshooting and maintenance. All classes are held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
NEW in 2018 — Enhanced BOC Level II coursework prepares building operators to evaluate the operational performance of their buildings with a focus on improving energy efficiency. Operators learn how to collect and analyze building data in order to prepare a building walk-through plan to identify opportunities to improve performance. Optimizing HVAC control systems for energy efficiency is highlighted with an emphasis on equipment sequence of operation and functional testing. They apply the data collection and analysis steps to their own building through a 5-part set of project assignments completed between class sessions.
The city of Seattle has a building tune up ordinance. BOC Level II training can assist with compliance.