North Thurston Public Schools is hiring for an HVAC Technician. Click here to view the job posting on their website.
Reports to: Grounds & Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit: Operating Engineers
Salary: $27.88 – $30.79 per hour depending on qualifications
Calendar: 8 hours/day; 5 days/week; 260 days/year
Employment Begins 2015-2016
This is a standard position description to be used for positions with similar duties,
responsibilities, classification and compensation. Employees assigned to the position description may or may not perform all of the essential functions indicated in this position description.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Part I: Position Summary:
Responsible for constructing, installing, modifying, repairing and maintaining heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment and environmental control systems. Participates in reviewing heating and cooling requirements and making recommendations to achieve optimum system effectiveness and efficiency.
Part II: Supervision and Controls over the Work:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the maintenance supervisor who assigns responsibilities and sets priorities. Employee is expected to perform with a high degree of independence to include planning the work for efficiency and for avoiding unnecessary disruption of the education learning environment. Completed work is evaluated for timeliness, completeness, safety, and efficiency of equipment operation.
Part III: Major Duties and Responsibilities (depending on specific assignment):
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzes HVAC system requirements, conducts research on new equipment and procedures, and recommends new systems or modifications.
- Interprets equipment diagrams and schematics, and blueprints.
- Utilizes diagnostic equipment to assess malfunctions and determine needed repairs.
- Plans work based on appropriate sequence and procedure.
5. Determines required supplies and materials and takes action to assure the availability of such materials at the time needed