The Northwest Energy Efficiency Council’s (NEEC) Building Operator Certification (BOC) program seeks someone to assist with simulcasting a set of eight energy efficiency classes from Fresno. The Technician/Moderator would have these responsibilities: set up and start Livestream; monitor speaker-tracking camera; intervene periodically, if needed, to monitor web participants’ questions and convey them to the instructor; and end the Livestream and power down equipment.
- Arrive 60 minutes prior to class start time to log in to GoToWebinar (GTW) and set up speaker-tracking camera. Assist instructor with GTW access if needed. Assist remote participants with access if needed. Stay until class is over, then end GTW and camera feed.
- Stay in the class for the duration of the class with the exception of bathroom breaks
- Travel to class location. Mileage will be reimbursed at current reimbursement rates. Be available on 8/28/19 to set up and assist with the online pre-class orientation
- Skilled and familiar with setting up and troubleshooting a/v systems (computer, projector, tracking camera)
- Able to multi-task; must monitor for remote users’ comments/questions, coordinate with instructor, keep an eye on tracking camera
- Familiar with Microsoft and Apple computers for setting up monitors, sound, etc.
- Familiarity with GoToWebinar
- Comfortable speaking in front of a group
- Willingness and motivation to learn a new online meeting platform and “figure things out”
- August 28, 2019 – coordinate/run online orientation for online participants with guidance from PG&E tech staff
- Sept 11 & 12, 2019 | BOC 1001 Energy Efficient Operation of Building HVAC Systems
- Sept 24, 2019 | BOC 1002 Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance
- Oct 8, 2019 | BOC 1003 Efficient Lighting Fundamentals
- Oct 23, 2019 | BOC 1004 HVAC Controls Fundamentals
- Nov 8, 2019 | BOC 1005 Indoor Environmental Quality
- Nov 19, 2019 | BOC 1006 Common Opportunities for Low-Cost Operational Improvement
- Dec 13, 2019 | BOC 1008 Operation & Maintenance Practices for Sustainable Buildings
Compensation: $2,000 as an independent contractor to NEEC. This is a contract position and does not include benefits.
To apply, please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.