PSE has a new job posting for a Supv Energy Management, Engineering. You can check out the full listing and many other careers at jobs.pse.com
Supv Energy Management Engineering
Job ID: 4172
Location: Kent, WA, US, 98032
Remote and Hybrid Work Opportunities: Hybrid (WA Based)
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Customer Energy Mgmt & Renewables team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Supv Energy Management Engineering position!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
Duties include overseeing and performing all aspects of eﬃciency projects with business customer facilities for several PSE energy eﬃciency programs under tariﬀed electric conservation schedules. Speciﬁc duties may include:
- Managing and implementing all phases of projects with customers from development through ﬁnal installation veriﬁcation.
- Management of speciﬁc programs and initiatives.
- Negotiations with and oversight of outside contractors. Assignments involve customer projects with substantial technical complexity and initial identiﬁcation and development of programs, including budgets and savings targets.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.
- Provides technical and project management leadership to customer projects to produce sustainable energy savings by performing or overseeing energy audits of building energy systems including: review of facility energy-usage patterns; detailed analyses of complex eﬃciency measures including energy use modeling; the applicability and recommendations of measures for achieving greater energy eﬃciency of measures to customer facilities and operations; ﬁnal inspection of completed projects; and end-use monitoring of electrical loads with data analysis.
- Provides exceptional customer service by managing customer expectations by clearly communicating status and next steps.
- Identiﬁes, evaluates, develops, and implements market-centric programs and related tariﬀs to produce sustainable energy savings more eﬀectively by identifying barriers and developing solutions.
- Develops new and revised department policy proposals to increase eﬀectiveness of programs and services.
- Markets eﬃciency programs to eligible customers and various organizations.
- Maintains positive contractor relationship to ensure positive project development and follow-through.
- Provides technical expertise to others with in the Company, assists in the development of the eﬃciency supply curves analysis.
- Oversees the work of and consults with other energy engineers on technical, regulatory policy and ﬁnancial analyses.
- Oversees the implementation of projects and programs while ensuring compliance of all tariﬀs and all ﬁnancial procedures.
- Develops energy engineers and technical staff through development planning and coaching.
- Monitors the development and market acceptability of new energy technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 5 years of energy management project experience
- Formal energy management training with 7 years of energy management project experience.
- Demonstrated project and/or program management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.