ElevateNP.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works nationally and is headquartered in Chicago. Elevate seeks to create a just and equitable world in which everyone has clean and affordable heat, power, and water in their homes and communities — no matter who they are or where they live. Our programs, policy agenda, and partners reflect this commitment.
Program Manager, Strategy (West Coast)
The Program Manager, Strategy (West Coast) brings Elevate’s mission across the Pacific Northwest by
supporting Elevate’s role as a trusted partner and centering community voices in our efforts to advance
housing stability in a clean energy transition. The Program Manager develops and leads building energy
upgrade projects from start to finish, including renewable and electrification projects; manages
relationships related to project completion; and collaborates across Elevate and partner organizations.
The Program Manager, Strategy (West Coast) reports directly to the Principal Director of West Coast
Development. This role is located in Portland, Oregon and is hybrid remote.
• Manage key projects related to preserving and upgrading affordable housing and nonprofit
facilities, which may include building upgrades such as health and safety, weatherization,
electrification measures, and the inclusion of renewables; management may include
coordinating a team of engineers and in-field personnel, supporting/leading system design,
coordinating with contractors, and serving as an owner’s representative.
• Lead the building upgrade process by developing the project scope of work, coordinating with
engineers, contractors, relevant Elevate and partner staff, and other building professionals such
as mechanical contractors and/or HERS raters as part of program implementation.
• Support stakeholder engagement, including conducting building owner and tenant outreach,
preparing for and participating in meetings, developing proposals, and coordinating with
relationship managers across teams.
• Stay current on affordable housing, climate, and building performance policies and technologies.
• Represent Elevate with external organizations/partners to continue to build trust and develop
programs to best meet affordable housing and climate resilience needs.
• Connect partner organizations and building owners with relevant local resources and Elevate
• Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external
• Represent Elevate with local, state, and national energy efficiency and affordable housing
stakeholders at meetings, conferences, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant life experience required
• Five or more (5+) years of relevant management experience in energy efficiency, engineering,
building systems, utility, or other related work preferred
• In-field experience working in residential buildings and building systems
• Experience engaging and managing client relationships with quality customer service
• Experience successfully managing projects on time and on budget
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain trusted
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as well as facilitate collaboration and
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Understanding and commitment to center community voice and hold equity as a principle
• Valid driver’s license required
• Willingness to travel as required
For more information about this role visit: www.elevatenp.org/careers/program-manager-strategy-west-coast/
For other exciting opportunities with Elevate check out their careers page here: Careers – Elevate (elevatenp.org)