Winter is Coming! Consider the below tips to help you prepare for the winter season, save energy and avoid complaints:
- Have a qualified technician test, clean and adjust your heating equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance recommended by the manufacturer in your owner’s manual. This typically includes replacing dirty air filters; cleaning blower coils and heat exchanger surfaces; and adjusting belt drives, dampers valves and linkages.
- Check thermostat accuracy.
- Identify and repair leaky or disconnected ducts.
- Caulk cracks around windows, doors and other openings.
- Use Building data to check if pre-heat is coming on too early (how much time does it take to reach set point?)
- Track weather data as well as climate data to anticipate morning recovery time
- Open shades and blinds to take advantage of solar heating
- Use either your BAS or individual data loggers to check that thermostat set points meet the room requirements
- Install occupancy sensors to turn off lights when room is not being used.
- Consider using LED holiday lights only
Find out more about building scheduling at http://betterbricks.com/system-diagnostic-toolss/equipment-operates-during-unoccupied-hours