Providence Health and Services is hiring an Operating Engineer in Olympia, Washington
Providence is calling an Operating Engineer (Nights) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
In this position you will:
- Monitor, operate, maintain and improve physical plant systems and equipment to insure reliable, efficient, safe, clean and comfortable facility operation in support of patient care.
- Systems include heating, ventilating and air conditioning, steam and hot water generation, power generation, pumping, controls, transportation systems (elevators, pneumatic tube), medical and compressed gases, electrical and life safety, and fuel and water treatment.
- Document energy efficiency, ongoing system operating parameters, incidents and specific maintenance and repair activities – all in accordance with policies and/or applicable standards.
- Provide monthly improvement report to Department Director.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Hands-on experience of operation and maintenance of commercial heating and air conditioning systems
- Working-level knowledge and understanding of operation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical systems in a commercial setting
- Class Three (3), Two (2) or One (1) Boiler Operation License obtained within twelve (12) months of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Additional vocational training
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®” recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 76,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 475 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Facilities / Engineering
Req ID: 133282