The following updates about the Seattle Clean Buildings Accelerator—a no-cost technical support and training program for building owners and operators to meet the requirements of the Washington Clean Buildings law and reduce carbon emissions—were provided by Stillwater Energy and the Seattle Office of Sustainability & Environment.
- The Educational Pathway—a web-based resource—is live! https://www.seattlebuildingsaccelerator.com/
- This educational pathway is self-led online and is available to all audiences and building types who need to comply with the WA Clean Building law (buildings that are 50,000 square feet or larger).
- To access, we ask building owner/operators to complete a brief form to help us learn more about their building’s needs, so that we can grow and tailor the resources as we make updates.
- We will continue to update this site with resources and information to help buildings comply with the WA Clean Buildings law and reduce carbon emissions.
- The first cohort of the Light Coaching Pathway launched October 12 with six organizations enrolled! We are now enrolling for a second cohort in December.
- The light coaching pathway provides tailored support and hands-on assistance.
- Seattle is prioritizing the Light Coaching Pathway for building(s) located in or serving frontline communities including black people, Indigenous people, sovereign tribal nations, communities of color, immigrants, refugees, youths, elders, houseless people, disabled people, LGBTQ+ people, and people with low and no income. This may include many types of buildings like non-profits, buildings with small businesses important to or owned by frontline communities, museums, shelters, healthcare facilities, community centers and more.
- If you know of a building that is in or serves frontline communities, please send them our way for an upcoming informational session on Tuesday, November 29 from 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Register here: https://bit.ly/SeattleCleanBuildingsInfo_Nov29
For additional information, see the Seattle Clean Buildings Accelerator flyer or reach out to email@example.com.