The City of Tacoma is committed to fostering a workplace that is innovative and flexible, and which attracts, supports, and retains a diverse and talented workforce. This is a telework eligible, hybrid position and will require in-office days as well as site visits at business customer facilities.
Tacoma Power is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join their Business Customer Energy Programs team. In this role you will be responsible for the successful development and delivery of innovative energy programs and projects with Tacoma Power’s commercial and industrial customers. This position requires strong interpersonal and customer service skills, experience performing energy analysis, and advanced program management skills to ensure that Tacoma Power achieves its energy conservation goals and complies with Washington’s Energy Independence Act and Clean Buildings Law.
Tacoma Power relies on this position to provide expert program advice to customers, trade allies, internal staff and external organizations regarding energy consumption and energy cost management in commercial facilities. In this role you will collaborate with energy engineers and analysts, data scientists, resource planners, communications specialists, facility managers, commercial contractors, consulting firms, and Tacoma Power customers ranging from small businesses to key accounts.
- Deliver energy programs and implement energy-saving incentive projects with Tacoma Power’s business customers. Lead collaborative efforts to streamline and improve performance-based offerings for commercial buildings including Strategic Energy Management and compliance support for Washington’s Clean Buildings Law.
- Provide expert advice to commercial customers by analyzing energy consumption patterns, performing energy assessments and financial analyses, and identifying opportunities for saving energy and reducing energy costs.
- Work with regional partners to coordinate program offerings and requirements, such as commercial equipment rebate offerings.
- Monitor new products and emerging technologies, assessing product performance and providing insights to inform future program offerings.
- Cultivate strong relationships with commercial trade allies and understand what motivates them to sell and promote specific products. Identify new and innovative ways to promote programs and engage business customers to participate in energy programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, project management or directly related field AND
- 4 years of experience in energy conservation or energy efficiency programs.
Ready to learn more or apply? Click Here!