Snohomish County PUD is hiring for an Associate to Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer. Click here to view the job listing on their website.
Successfully learns and performs basic technical support and commercial, industrial and residential engineering services related to the design of energy efficient systems. Assists project leaders on assigned projects and tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assists project leader on assigned projects and tasks.
Assists on residential and multi-use applications.
Assists with preparation of Specifications, Request for Proposals, and Bid evaluations; may assist in preparing recommendations on material, contracts, purchase of materials and equipment for management considerations for assigned projects.
Assists in evaluating the cost effectiveness of the energy efficiency improvements.
Learns, analyzes and provides basic technical support and commercial, industrial and residential engineering services related to the design of energy efficient systems.
Assists in the development and participates in workshop presentations and educational programs for industry and professional groups.
Interfaces with other District departments, vendors and contractors, customers, state, and federal agencies.
Provides basic technical support on energy efficiency programs to Planning and Evaluation and Business Services staff and customers.
Assists with the review and evaluation of current standards, procedures and processes.
Adheres to Federal, State and Local safety regulations, policies, and programs.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic conservation concepts, practices, measures and programs, and trends in energy demands.
- Computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets and data bases.
- Customer service techniques and practices.
- Engineering fundamentals, drawings, designing and modeling.
- Fundamentals of economic analysis and evaluation techniques.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, the public, commercial and industrial customers.
- Effectively carry out the District’s energy efficiency initiatives.
- Learn and apply applicable Federal, State, Local and District regulations.
- Learn and apply conservation concepts, practices, measures and programs, and trends in energy demands.
- Learn to interpret, apply, and explain codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Learn, interpret and apply District directives, policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize work, incorporating changing District priorities and meet critical timelines/deadlines.
- Use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel), District systems and databases.
These abilities and knowledge are usually obtained through:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
License or Certification:
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
Preferred Qualifications include experience with utility programs, non-lighting technologies and abiltiy to work in a team environment.
Duties require lifting various equipment ranging in weight from 5 to 10 pounds. Incumbent must be able to climb 10 to 20 feet within a structure or on an outside ladder and must be able to work in confined spaces such as vaults, meter rooms or crawl spaces. Incumbent may be exposed to loud noises, hazardous materials, and weather conditions. Duties performed in an office environment will require the repetitive use of a computer, keyboard and mouse. Travel to business meetings is required.
BENEFITS: Complete benefits plan and retirement program.
TO APPLY: Interested individuals should complete the online application and submit cover letter and resume at www.Snopud.com under Careers by 5:00 PM (PST), March 9, 2015. Please Note: Applications and resumes will only be accepted through Snohomish County PUD’s website as we no longer accept paper, faxed, or emailed submissions.