Building Operator Certification Level I Course Series
February 7 – March 28, 2018
SPEER has recently partnered with Houston Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) to offer Building Operator Certification Level I Course Series for the first time in the Houston area. This is an exciting time for SPEER and we are looking forward to expanding the training and education program as well as having the opportunity to work with BOMA. BOMA members will receive a discounted tuition rate (please contact your BOMA representative), however this course is also open to non-members. Download the flyer here for more information.
BUILDING OPERATOR CERTIFICATION (BOC®) is a national workforce training and certification program offering facilities personnel the job skills and knowledge to improve the energy performance of their buildings. The BOC® credential is now aligned with ISO 17024 and is widely recognized by employers, government agencies, and the facilities management industry as a rigorous, trustworthy and industry-validated credentialing program.
The BOC Level I Course series offers eight non-consecutive classes comprised of classroom training, project assignments to be completed at the participant’s facility, and in-class exams administered at the end of each day of training.
A total of 74 hours of classroom training and five project assignments include the following topics and class dates (tentative):
- February 7: 1001 A – Energy Efficient Operations of Building HVAC Systems
- February 8: 1001 B – Energy Efficient Operations of Building HVAC Systems
- February 14: 1002 – Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance
- February 21: 1003 – Efficient Lighting Fundamentals
- February 28: 1004 – HVAC Controls Fundamentals
- March 7: 1005 – Indoor Environmental Quality
- March 21: 1006 – Four Common Opportunities for Operational Improvement
- March 28: Supplemental course
This article was authored by SPEER BOC Coordinator Liz John and first appeared on SPEER’s blog.