This position sets the foundation for work to be done in early childhood development. Implementing innovative solutions to how we get the work done takes planning, infrastructure design, lease negotiations, and change management. This position must understand our work, the customer and accessibility necessary for optimal operations. Knowing our customer demographic we can then set a long term plan to provide services in those areas.
Additionally, this position has substantial influence on the development of polices and allocated resources statewide for the agency owned and leased facilities. The incumbent of this position must be a skilled communicator, understand culture, build working relationships with all levels within the organization and be results oriented. This position will plan, direct, implement and track statewide facility strategy. This position will supervise facility staff and occasionally provide hands on maintenance assistance.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a management/leadership position supervising all aspects of workforce and performance development.
- Minimum of three years managing capital projects. Experience in the planning, delivering, maintenance, and operations of facilities, infrastructure, and grounds.
- Experience implementing health and safety initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects with varying scope and multiple stages of completion. Effective organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills are required.
- Experience developing, implementing and training on policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the current federal, state and local laws and regulations related to safety, contracts, and facilities.
- Must be able to use computer and related software programs to successfully perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, excellent interpersonal skills and understanding of organizational dynamics.
Demonstrated experience in the following areas;
- Facilities or infrastructure management; or
- Business Operations and planning
- Facility maintenance
- Self-awareness, self-management, ethics, integrity, continual learner.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and inclusiveness.
- Ability to create a strategic vision, see the big picture and communicate that into actionable steps.
- Demonstrate organizational and political awareness, relationship building, effective decision making, and creative solutions.
- Actively lead and coach others by recognizing them, celebrating success and display trust.
Annual Compensation Range $60,000.00 to 85,560.00 annually, DOQ
Washington State offers a solid benefits package that includes a state retirement plan, deferred compensation, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, a full array of health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance coverage, and other optional benefit programs
In order to be considered for this position you must submit online application and letter of interest via careers.wa.gov. If you have any questions please contact Dianne Dorsey at 360-725-4922 or at email@example.com.
**Hiring Manager reserves the right to hire for this position at any time.**
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Washington State Department of Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the recruiter at 360. 725.4922. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer