Providence Health and Services is calling a Utility Systems Technician to St. Peter Hospital and Providence Southwest Service Area in Olympia, WA.
Please visit their website for a full job description and information on applying. More information is also provided here:
Providence Health and Services is seeking a Utility Systems Technician to perform a variety of preventive maintenance, troubleshooting duties and/or installation of HVAC, electrical, security / fire alarm and/or control systems for both St Peter Hospital and off-site Clinic / Hospital facilities. The Technician will also provide monthly improvement reports to the Department Manager.
In this position you will:
- Recommend and implement preventive maintenance procedures for HVAC infrastructure throughout St Peter service region (Professional Building, Sunshine House, Chemical Dependency Center and off-site locations as requested).
- Troubleshoot and resolve HVAC systems issues within St Peter offsite facilities.
- Repair and maintain ventilation and control systems and components including: fan system, chillers (centrifugal / reciprocating), package air handling / refrigeration units and their associated controls.
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance and repair history in accordance with Department policy.
- Maintain refrigerant use records in accordance with EPA requirements.
- Perform HVAC, fire alarm system installation or modification as requested by customer and / or approved by Department Director or Lead.
- Collaborate within a three person offsite facility maintenance team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A minimum of three years’ experience and working knowledge of commercial HVAC, electrical, fire alarm, security and / or refrigeration systems (including ventilation systems, emergency power, electrical distribution, security systems, chillers, hydronic systems and control systems).
- Working experience with fire alarm, security and building control systems (Seimens Building System and / or Invensys Control Systems preferred).
- Journeyman electrician license as applicable by Washington State law.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- HVAC air and hydronic balance experience highly desired.
- HVAC, Refrigeration and cooling experience and certification highly desired.
- Working knowledge and experience with testing and troubleshooting simplex fire alarm systems.
About the hospital and the Outpatient Service buildings you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®” recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Providence Southwest Service Area is a group of more than 30 Outpatient Services buildings who serve a three-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and team. The person in this position will provide focused care for HVAC, Fire Alarm and Electrical services throughout these buildings.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 76,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 475 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Maintenance
Req ID: 141112