Date: Monday, September 17, 2018
Time: 9am – 4pm (lunch provided)
Location: Smart Buildings Center
1st Floor Training Room
1200 12th Ave. S
Seattle, WA 98144
Learn more about ventilation and best practices for its design and installation in high performance buildings. This training helps familiarize attendees with prescriptive dedicated outside air system (DOAS) code requirements, which are now mandated for certain building types by the 2015 Washington State Energy Code.
Training topics include:
- Understanding HRVs, ERVs, cross flow and counter flow, and wheels
- Best practices for a range of building types
- HRV sizing and specification guidelines
- Ventilation standards for today and the future
- Duct design and control options
- Controls for CAV, DCV and VAV flow options, and building control integration
- Retrofit opportunities using DOAS and high-performance heating and cooling
Ventacity Systems, Inc., and ASHRAE Member
Since March 2016, Barry has worked with Ventacity Systems, Inc., a manufacturer of very high performance, Passive House-certified HRVs. Prior to joining Ventacity, Barry spent 15 years at Zehnder America, Inc., a Swiss-based world leader in HRVs. There he led the introduction of Zehnder systems to North America, including Solar Decathlon teams, NZE homes and Passive House projects.
Continuing education credit
Approved for 6 credential maintenance points by the Building Operator Certification (BOC) Program and 6 CEUs by the Practicing Institute of Engineering (PIE). Certificates will be issued at the end of the course for self-reporting CEUs to additional organizations.
Space for this training is limited. Secure your spot today.