Leased Facilities Planning and Operations Manager (WMS Band 3)
Office of the Deputy Secretary– Financial Services
Headquarters – Tumwater, WA
The Washington state Department of Corrections (DOC) is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for a permanent Leased Facilities Planning and Operations Manager. This position is part of the Office of the Deputy Secretary – Financial Services. This is a full-time, permanent position located at DOC Headquarters in Tumwater, Washington.
If you are interested in applying and would like to be considered, please apply directly at careers.wa.gov and attach the following documents:
- Current Resume, (chronological, with relevant experience listed).
- Minimum of three (3) professional references, (including name, phone number and email address).
- Letter of Interest, (no more than one (1) page), indicating how you meet the qualifications and why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Whether the work is inside a prison, in community corrections, or in an administrative office, the Washington State DOC professional staff experience a high degree of personal satisfaction knowing they are creating environments in which all offenders can learn to make choices that contribute to a safer society.
The DOC, as a partner in the criminal justice system, enhances public safety, administers criminal sanctions and programs in accordance with the law, and provides leadership for the future of corrections in Washington State. The DOC consists of the Office of the Secretary, the Office of the Deputy Secretary, Prisons Division, Offender Change Division, Community Corrections Division, Administrative Operations Division, Health Services Division, Correctional Industries Division, Reentry Division and the Indeterminate Sentence Review Board. The DOC employs over 8,300 staff and has a biennial budget of approximately $1.9 billion.
- Comprehensive compensation packages;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Flexible Schedules; and
- The fulfillment of public service.
As the Leased Facilities Planning and Operations Manager you will manage the Leased Facilities Unit (LFU), consisting of Facilities Planning Group and Facilities Management Group. You will be responsible for oversight of the successful development and implementation of the Department of Corrections (DOC) statewide leased facilities program, and oversight of the DOC HQ Facility Management Services Group.
You will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), under the Deputy Secretary. You will collaborate independently across division boundaries with Assistant Secretaries, Directors, Field Administrators, and Program Administrators to ensure that leased facility space requirements for all DOC divisions are met.
As the Department’s commercial leased facilities expert, you will be consulted by DOC leadership regarding facilities related issues that contribute to supporting the Agency mission. You will serve as the Agency liaison with the Office of Financial Management (OFM) for leased facility program delivery, and will be accountable for compliance with associated regulatory requirements of OFM and Department of Enterprise Services (DES).
Some of what you’ll do:
- Interact and consult with agency leadership regarding leased facilities planning and programming options and activities. Ensures the overall program meets the current and emerging leased facilities needs of the agency.
- Act as agency lead in developing DOC portion of OFM 6 year Leased Facilities Plan to include filling out detail and meeting OFM timelines.
- Coordinate with statewide Regional Administrators, Program Managers and Program Staff across all divisions.
- Prepare and deliver agency wide management presentations and reports related to planning and delivery of the leased facilities program. Make recommendations to top-level management regarding facilities planning and programming options.
- Coordinate biennial lease program scope, including statewide space needs projections and cost projections.
- Develop, maintain, and implement leased office space standards.
- Serve as a primary point of contact on interactions with DES Real Estate Services for DOC statewide leases.
- Directs the efforts of multi-discipline team of facilities planners, architects, engineers, and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Business or Public Administration, Planning, Property or Land Management, Construction Management, or closely allied field from an accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or foreign equivalent.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience managing a multi-discipline professional and technical staff.
- Ability to mentor and train staff, interview, recommend selection, and review employees.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions, provide value engineering analysis, negotiation, provide effective problem solving solutions.
- Ability to solicit, manage, and evaluate the quality of work performed by consultants and design and construction professionals in both public and private sectors.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, ability to speak and write clearly using multiple styles of presentation.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to a variety of groups and individuals including DOC staff, outside agencies and organizations, private sector industry, legal, media, other professionals, and the public.
- Professional level experience with AutoCAD.
The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.